Are you insecure about your missing teeth? It can affect your self-confidence, but thanks to restorative dentistry, one can now opt for prosthetic teeth that look and function just like natural teeth! There are two great options to choose from, dentures and bridges in Lubbock, TX. They can boost your self-esteem and give you the confidence to smile. However, which is the best choice for you?
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are a good option to replace missing teeth. A bridge has crowns on either side of the missing tooth, which supports the artificial teeth and is cemented in place. There are many reasons to choose a bridge. For instance, it is a more permanent solution, and you don’t have to worry about them falling or slipping out. They are easy to clean and maintain, and once placed, you may even forget about them as they are so comfortable.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are a much more flexible option as they are removable plates with artificial teeth placed over the gums to replace the missing teeth. They can be removed and cleaned easily, which will avoid building up plaque, and your dentures will last for a long. There are two types of dentures available, which is complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures replace all the missing teeth. Partial dentures are used to replace missing teeth but only in certain parts as natural teeth are remaining.
The Difference Between Dentures And Bridges
The main difference between dentures and bridges is that dentures are removable. Whereas, bridges are permanently fixed in your mouth. A dental bridge may require tooth extraction to prepare your mouth before the bridge is fitted. With dentures, you dont have to worry about changing anything. Dental bridges may not be a suitable option for everyone. It is only an option for those who have strong existing teeth or good jawbone support so the bridges can be attached properly.
How To Choose?
The first step is to visit a dentist in Lubbock, TX, who will examine your dental issue, listen to and understand your concerns and recommend the appropriate option. The dentist will discuss if you have strong teeth and bone to support the bridge, or if dentures are the right option for you. In case both are an option look at the following factors before making your choice.
- Do you want removable false teeth?
- Are you willing to undergo a tooth extraction?
- Consider the number of missing teeth, if you have three to four teeth missing in a row, bridges are the choice for you
- You also have to consider the cost, dentures are the cheaper option, in comparison dental bridges are music more expensive
- You need to keep in mind that dentures don’t support your jawbone if you have missing teeth therefore it can cause bone loss. It can also cause mouth sores, receding gums, and changes in the facial structure. Dentures can also slip and break easily.
- Bridges require regular maintenance to prevent gum disease and the surface underneath needs to be cleaned daily.
Dentures & Bridges In Lubbock, TX
If you are confused about selecting the best tooth replacement option fo your missing teeth, contact us now! At Dental Group Of Lubbock, we will provide the best experts who will listen to you, understand your needs, and address your concerns. We will work with you to create the best treatment plan while maintaining budget-friendly options. Whether you require partial or full dentures to restore your smile, our team will make sure they fit, are comfortable, and ensure they look just like natural teeth. Contact us or book an appointment to get the following treatment:
- Conventional full dentures
- Immediate full dentures
- Partial dentures or bridges